Pain Concern supported NHS Forth Valley patients with dedicated helpline
Pain Concern received funding from the Scottish Government to enable us to support patients waiting to be seen by pain management services at NHS Forth Valley.
The helpline service was offered that provided specific information about the Forth Valley Pain Management Service, self-management and how access to helpful resources.
This helpline has now closed – the general Pain Concern helpline is still available to provide support.
Helpline project details:
- Over 1000 texts sent to patients to inform them of the service.
- Letter and leaflets sent to new and return patients.
- Regular promotion on social media channels.
An independent overview of the project can be found below, findings included:
- 70% of callers stated that they felt more positive after speaking to call.
- 65% said they felt better prepared for their healthcare appointment.
- 74% of callers received additional resources from Pain Concern.
- This project was exceptional in that it is an example of a charity and NHS Board working together to reduce waiting lists and focus on efforts to help patients deal with this.