Airing Pain 13: Culture, Epidemiology and Back Pain
How culture can affect our experience of pain, a survey of pain in Scotland, pain management programmes and a Q&A session on back pain
How do culture and religion affect the way we experience and manage our pain? Dr Shilpa Patel, Dr Sue Peacock and Sir Michael Bond talk about the relationship between cultural background and pain.
Also in the programme: Dr Steve Gilbert answers questions from people experiencing back pain; Phil Sizer of Pain Association Scotland provides advice on pain management programmes; and we learn about the epidemiology of pain and hear from Generation Scotland about how their study of pain in the Scottish population can help with the identification of risk factors.
- Professor Blair Smith, Generation Scotland
- Professor Sir Michael Bond, Pain management in developing countries
- Dr Steve Gilbert, Q+As on back pain
- Phil Sizer, Pain Association Scotland
- Dr Shilpa Patel, Cultures and pain
- Dr Sue Peacock, Cultures, gender and pain.
Registered Charity no. SC023559. Company limited by guarantee no. SC546994. 62-66 Newcraighall Road, Edinburgh EH15 3HS