What is persistent vulval pain? Persistent vulval pain is described as soreness, and sometimes burning or itching in the vulval area. Dr Shona Brown explains the symptoms, conditions and treatments available for people living with these conditions.
Further information and help
- The International Painful Bladder Foundation website http://www.painful-bladder.org/
- Bladder Health UK http://bladderhealthuk.org/
- Pelvic Pain Support Network http://www.pelvicpain.org.uk/
An award from The Women’s Fund for Scotland has allowed us to produce the following resources:
- Airing Pain programme 87: Vulvodynia radio programme 87 and accompanying leaflet, Vulval Pain
- Airing Pain programme 88: What to EXPPECT When You’re in Pelvic Pain and accompanying leaflet, Bladder Pain Syndrome.
Dr Shona Brown is clinical psychologist with EXPPECT, NHS Lothian’s multidisciplinary pelvic pain service.